Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Sword of Romance preview





Sword of Romance is a Chinese themed mmorpg brought to us by dream of dragons and spring game. The gameplay is much as like Loongcraft and Legend of Ninetails. I played Loongcraft online for a few months so I could help my friend Maco to be the emperor and it was fun meanwhile I tried Legend of Ninetails out of curioisity but it has nothing new to offer I played it for a couple of hours then I was done with it.

Google play shows Sword of romance the number 1 top free game in the role playing category but we'll see.





Patching was smooth in an average internet speed. I love the arts on here.
They have 5 Classes in which you can switch gender from but sadly no customization option. Here's a screenshot of the classes.





I can see that there's a grayed out class below the Berserker class I'm curious what it is.

After that you can choose which Nation you want to belong with I believe for Nation wars. So they have 6 nations that you can choose from the Wolf, Eagle, Dragon, Lion, Deer and Shark Nation. I randomly chose Deer.

Beginners starts at the Moon village. I just follow the tutorials and the story prologue until it takes me to Royal city. You can view the game in 360° and can zoom in and out. User interface is the same with any other chinese-themed mmo the vip system, collecting cards, instances, etc.

Here is the character menu on the right side
these are the same thing that you would see in a chinese-themed mmo. The role, cards, rank and beauty these will help you add more CP. Role is where you upgrade your base equips which adds more stat and cp. Cards is where you collects cards of each Chinese history characters each cards has bonus stats and additional stat for each sets of cards you complete. Rank increases cp as well by doing quests related to helping your nation and the higher your rank is the better the salary you get everyday. Meanwhile beauty is an additional achievement that can gives your character permanent stat as well.

Besides the 360° view the graphics is so much detailed from the armors to buildings and structure this is a much better version of Loongcraft online. I want to commend them for producing detailed designs in a 360° environment. It has 12 maps that you can explore including moon town and the main city which is Royal city.

The main goal of this game is to be the strongest Nation. Each nation will wage war against each other. The strongest guild within the Nation will take control and responsibility of leading. The downside is it's difficult for the Nation which has the lowest number of population to win up. What I also don't like is there's no character interaction you can do all the everyday grinding by yourself. There's no complete definition of a tanker, dpd etc.

It was easy to get to level 30 where I get to unlock the basic character menu and more can be unlocked at level 40 or 45. One more reason I want to try this game out is their marriage system I heard that there's a marriage procession, fashion and much more.

Pay to win is minimal, you can still enjoy the game without paying for vip but if your goal is to complete then yes vip can give you so much more specially the capability of using the trade system. Overall this game is just okay. If you don't mind chinese themed mmo and wants a change of pace you can check this one out. If you loved Loongcraft online then you'll enjoy this one in a much wider map and better graphics.
I'll hang on to it for a bit to check the marriage system but just for that.

Before I publish this something happened while I was playing.

I was suddenly given the option to jump to level 53 from level 35. At first I thought it's giving me the option to choose between receiving exp to jump to level 54 or equipments to help me level up.

But after pressing the blue button voila I jumped to level 54 right away provided with new equips and golds. I'm not sure if this is how it really works or its a random thing but anyway yeah I'll check that marriage system out and see from there.

To sum it up environment graphics is above average additional point for the 360° view option, character design is average and gameplay is cool so I'll give it 3.7 out of 5.








2 comments:

  1. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free.
    http://gainfreestuff.com/ 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for presenting us with a very beautiful and intellectual article which bring some really good and remarkable efforts to make you a good post such an amazing article. 192.168.l.254

    ReplyDelete